During finals week all students tend to get stressed out. For those seeking a little stress relief, we present five things that can help with stress provided by FamiliesINC.net.
- Power naps are a good way to cope with stress because it is common for students to not get enough sleep during finals week. Try fitting in power naps during your day at any time you get a chance even just a 10-minute power nap can make a difference.
- Doing breathing exercises is also a great way to deal with stress. When your body is responding to stress you’re most likely not thinking as clearly as you should be. Ways to make yourself calm down is by doing breathing exercises such as breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth.
- Music is a very helpful way to get through finals week also. Music can help you relieve stress and either calm yourself down or stimulate your mind as your situation warrants.
- You should also eat well during finals week. It may not seem noticeable but your diet plays a big part in your mental energy. Having a healthy diet can relieve stress and will make you feel better about yourself.
- Another thing that can help with stress is staying organized. It’s a fact that clutter can cause stress and can make you fall behind in schoolwork. It is smart to stay organized so you know where everything is for all your classes and this will prevent assignments from going missing before finals week.
Good luck Wildcats on your finals! Work smart, not hard.